Saturday, August 14, 2010

First Week of School

I know I haven't blogged in a few days so I will update you on  the week.
Pacey made it through his first week of school without getting in trouble, and that is awesome.  I am waiting for him to bring a note home saying he talks too much or too loud. YAY for green all week long.
His favorite thing about school he says is riding the school bus.  I have not figured out how a child could enjoy the school bus that much, especially Tuesday (his first experience) I asked him how he liked it and he replies, "It was 4000 degrees on that bus." "So are you ready for me to pick you up tomorrow," I asked. "No I have 5 friends on there and I am going to ride it everyday." That was always the last thing I wanted to do when I was in school was ride the nasty, stinking, smelly, hot bus.  Yes I was spoiled and was dropped off and picked up everyday. 
Well for him the afternoon ride was not enough he wants to ride in the mornings also.  At drop off Thursday I told the bus driver he wanted to ride in the morning, and she said she would come pick him up on Friday.  He was soo excited and wanting to go stand outside at 6:30 a.m., the bus doesn't run until 6:55 a.m. or so.  He got into watching cartoons and I was looking out for the bus to come down the road, and told Pacey she was coming.  He ran out the door to the driveway and she passed right on by, the look on his face was priceless.  And yes she turned around to pick him up.
Breakfast at school was also discovered.  I don't remember lunch and breakfast being so expensive when I was in school. Lunch is $2.50 and breakfast is $1.75.
I just hope continues to enjoy school like this for a while.

1 comment: